APP-NW members gathered at WineUp On Williams on Tuesday February 17, 2015 for the organization’s second annual meeting. The APP-NW Bylaws stipulate that each year the organization will hold a general meeting to report the organization’s progress to its members, and to elect its Board of Directors. Since the Board modified the organization’s bylaws to increase the number of seats, there is no contested election this year and everyone running for a Board seat has been elected.
The heads of various board committees reported that in 2014 the organization’s accomplishments were:
- Creating and printing business cards, pamphlets and handouts
- Opening a bank account
- Pursuing a Tax ID number for the organization
- Hundreds of subscribers were added to the APP-NW Facebook and Twitter pages
- Co-sponsoring events including Life on Set 101, the Librarians Premiere, which brought in over 50 pounds of food to the Oregon Food Bank, and the Oregon Actors Awards
- Several local producers allied themselves with the movement by agreeing to abide by APP-NW Standards increasing our numbers by a 100% growth.
Members were also encouraged to play a role in building APP-NW’s success by joining the board’s Communications, Outreach, Education, Elections, Preferred Producer, and School Outreach committees. These committees are the engines that run APP-NW, doing the work necessary to fulfill the organization’s mission. Any member can get involved by emailing email@example.com and letting the board of directors know which committee s/he would like to serve on.
The 2015 Alliance of Professional Performers NW Board of Directors are:
|Darius Pierce, SAG-AFTRA||Lanie Hoyo, SAG-AFTRA||Lorelei Kennedy||Priscilla Mohan Prosser|
|Yolanda Porter||Christopher Toyne||Chrisse Roccaro, SAG-AFTRA||Michele Mariana, SAG-AFTRA|
|Linda Kay Gross|
After the election results were announced, the new board thanked outgoing board members Harold Phillips and Dennis Fitzpatrick. New board members Michele Mariana and Linda Kay Gross were appointed by the new board after the election.
Thanks to everyone who attended the annual meeting – we look forward to growing this movement with you in 2015!